Thursday, August 21, 2008

All for English Learning


For years, I've seen people who really work hard at learning English. They would do anything just to master the language. But, sometimes, the answer could be so simple. You just have to find the right teacher. Well, maybe it's not as easy as it seems.

I'm a firm believer in doing your best and making sure you are really really good at what you do. This probably explains why it takes a long time for me to write or to do important things. I feel sad when I see people who do fine in one occupation but could really do better in another.

I'll give you a clue on what I'm up to these days. Since my interest involves English and languages, I want to see more people get better at it. I guess one of the best ways to do that is to teach students myself. Another way is to find good teachers with potential and to train them to teach well. Over the next few months and weeks, I think I'm going to concentrate on this.

I would like to guide English learners on choosing the best teacher and learning effectively. Life is too short to be stuck doing something that you could have done better.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to drop a line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I have come across your blog while looking for English teaching materials.

I am an English teacher teaching at a small private school in Japan. My students are in Junior high school. As you may know, We start to learn English from Junior high school. So, I'm only teaching basic one.

My problem with students is... They don't like English. It is to hard to get them to interest English. You know, In Japan.. Even if they study English, they don't have chance to use it. So, not a lot of students want to study. They just do it for exam to enter better high school or something.

I just wanted to give you one question. How do you motivate them to study...